This Grade II listed chapel was once a place of quiet contemplation and prayer for the staff and patients at the Middlesex Hospital.
And although the hospital has made way for a new development, the chapel has survived and even undergone a £3 million refurbishment.
The building was designed in 1891 by the celebrated architect John Loughborough Pearson and was completed in 1929 by his son, Frank. Awarded the RIBA gold medal in 1880, J L Pearson worked on some of Britain’s finest buildings, including Westminster Hall.
Following its restoration, the chapel re-opened its doors in September 2015. The Fitzrovia Chapel Foundation has since been presented with the building while part of the dowry to run it has been provided by Westminster City Council.
Never consecrated, this exquisite building is now performing a wider role in the community than ever. Open again for quiet contemplation – and for chamber concerts and poetry readings, too – it is even available to hire for private celebrations. The audience capacity is 80.
2 Pearson Square
London W1T 3BF
0203 4099 895
Contact KAY & CO estate agents in Fitzrovia for details of property for sale or property for rent near the Fitzrovia Chapel.