On a wet and windy morning, you wouldn’t want your young son or daughter to be struggling to get to school. Which is another reason why this is such a perfect place to live. Move to Marylebone and these top 10 schools will be right on your doorstep…
Queen’s College Preparatory School www.qcps.org.uk
Queen’s College Preparatory School (QCPS) offers a first class, cutting edge education for girls on Portland Place. Inspirational and challenging, its curriculum provides outstanding preparation for Common Entrance and Consortium examinations. QCPS is renowned for offering a warm and nurturing environment where pupils can excel and be happy. The girls can also develop their self-confidence thanks to the extensive range of opportunities and experiences available to them. Great emphasis is placed on the development of character, resilience, ambition, manners, empathy, compassion and social responsibility. Sport and the Performing Arts also play key roles in the life of the school.
• For sale, at £1,500,000, leasehold, this bright garden flat has a private courtyard and is well located to offer a term-time bolthole www.kayandco.com/property-for-sale/apartment-for-sale-in-upper-wimpole-street-marylebone-london-w1g/9613
Wetherby Preparatory School www.wetherbyprep.co.uk @WetherbyNick
Wetherby Preparatory School opened in 2004 with 24 pupils in Year 4. Since then, this friendly school has grown organically and now teaches 325 boys in Years 3 to 8. In 2009 Wetherby Prep moved to its current premises at Bryanston Square, where it continues to provide first class education. In 2015, the school acquired its own sporting facility, Wetherby Sports Ground, in East Acton. Wetherby Prep retains close links with the well-established Wetherby School in Pembridge Square and many boys transfer between the two at the end of Year 3. In 2015, Wetherby Senior School also opened in Marylebone.
• For sale, at £5,250,000, with Share of Freehold, this fabulous four-bedroom apartment is just around the corner and is set within Marylebone’s finest mansion www.kayandco.com/property-for-sale/apartment-for-sale-in-george-street-marylebone-london-w1h/9244
Portland Place School www.portland-place.co.uk @PortlandPlaceHd
Portland Place School is a leading independent co-educational school for
children aged 9-18. The ethos of Portland Place School is to develop each pupil’s potential through personalised learning. The class sizes are small, which ensures everyone benefits from a bespoke educational experience. There is also a wide range of co-curricular opportunities. The school believes that warmth, care and happiness are essential ingredients of a successful education.
• For sale, at £1,750,000 leasehold, this well presented two-bed apartment is perfectly positioned for a short stroll to school www.kayandco.com/property-for-sale/apartment-for-sale-in-portland-place-marylebone-london-w1b/8400
King Solomon Academy www.kingsolomonacademy.org @KSA_Primary @KSA_Secondary
King Solomon Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational mixed school that provides all-through education from nursery to sixth form. Although it has the highest academic aspirations, it also maintains a caring, family-orientated culture. It says its mission is ‘to provide a rigorous and transformational education that prepares pupils for success at university and beyond’. And, according to Ofsted, the Academy has already achieved just that. With an outstanding rating in all categories, Ofsted inspectors have highlighted the exemplary behaviour of pupils, the overall quality of teaching and the outstanding level of focus on the children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
• For sale, at £1,900,000 leasehold, this fabulous five-bedroom family apartment is just a 10-minute walk away or five minutes by car www.kayandco.com/property-for-sale/apartment-for-sale-in-transept-street-marylebone-london-nw1/8662
Hyde Park School www.hydeparkschool.co.uk @Hyde_ParkSchool
Hyde Park School is an exceptional, co-educational nursery, pre-prep and prep school. It caters for children aged 2-11 and occupies two convenient, central London locations. The nursery and pre-prep are set within in a spacious private garden in St George’s Fields, close to Marble Arch, where the children enjoy ample play areas plus a huge sand pit. Hyde Park Prep School is across the park, in an historic South Kensington townhouse. Hyde Park School welcomes children from different backgrounds and cultures. Its teachers aim to create a calm and creative learning environment, helping the children grow into confident, independent thinkers.
• For sale, at £4,750,000, this brand new, three-bedroom penthouse apartment is just an 8-minute stroll away, through the highly desirable Connaught Village www.kayandco.com/property-for-sale/penthouse-for-sale-in-seymour-place-marylebone-london-w1h/9770
Saint Mary’s Bryanston Square www.stmarys.bryanston.net @SMBSschool
St Mary’s is a Church of England primary school with a strong Christian ethos. The school achieves high academic standards, while aiming to create a culture of love, respect, wellbeing and safety for everyone in the community.
• For sale, at £2,450,000, this elegant four-bedroom apartment is just around the corner from St Mary’s Primary www.kayandco.com/property-for-sale/apartment-for-sale-in-york-street-marylebone-london-w1h/811
International Community School www.icschool.co.uk @ICSLondon
International Community School (ICS) is considered to be one of the UK’s best International Baccalaureate (IB) schools, providing a gold standard of education built on 50 years of British, North American and European research. Open to boys and girls from the ages of 3-18, ICS is a collaborative and compassionate educational community, achieving results above international averages. The school encourages leadership and self-confidence, helping young people to flourish and develop friendships that will span the world. Established across three sites in the heart of London, the capital’s dynamism provides an inspiring backdrop to any youngster’s academic and social development.
• For sale, from £935,000-£4,750,000, these new one, two and three-bed apartments are just moments from ICS Primary School on Wyndham Place www.kayandco.com/property-for-sale/new-development-for-sale-in-seymour-place-marylebone-london-w1h/1387
Abercorn School www.abercornschool.com @AbercornSchool
Abercorn Prep School is an independent school for boys and girls aged 2-13. Established in 1987, it is set across three locations in and around Marylebone. Abercorn aims to offer its pupils the best start by providing a friendly, caring and inspiring atmosphere, where a love of learning is nurtured daily. Children are continuously evaluated, supported and challenged, in order to foster individual skills and talents. And it must be working, because the school enjoys an impressive record of excellence. They say happiness is an essential part of education. Well, here, the learning process is serious but great fun, too.
• To rent, for £1,295 per week, this recently refurbished two-bedroom house is just a short walk from Abercorn Prep School on Portland Place www.kayandco.com/property-to-rent/house-to-rent-in-ossington-buildings-marylebone-london-w1u/9787
St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School www.stvincentsprimary.org.uk
St Vincent’s objective is to educate children through the teachings of Christ, to develop their academic potential and nurture individual needs. The St Vincent’s family also works to develop moral, social and spiritual growth for everyone within the local community. It does this, it says, by promoting an ethos of responsibility and awareness. Ofsted reported that the school offers a ‘highly impressive’ level of care and support for its pupils. The children, too, have been praised for their ‘passion for learning’ and it is clear that the teachers work hard to make sure all lessons are enjoyable and stimulating.
• To rent, for £985 per week, this spacious three-bedroom, first floor apartment is just a short walk from the school site on St Vincent Street www.kayandco.com/property-to-rent/apartment-to-rent-in-weymouth-street-marylebone-london-w1w/6469
The St Marylebone CE School www.stmaryleboneschool.com @StMarylebone
The St Marylebone CE School is a comprehensive school for girls. It specialises in Maths, Computing, Performing Arts and Special Educational Needs. In the sixth form, boys may also attend. Set in an oasis of calm just off Marylebone High Street, the school offers an inspiring environment where all pupils can achieve. The sixth form is in a nearby building on Blandford Street. In 2011 the school became an academy, creating benefits for students and the wider community. In 2014 Ofsted reported St Marylebone School to be ‘an exceptional place, where students flourish academically and personally’.
• To buy, for £1,600,000, this three-bedroom classic mansion flat is a short walk from each of the school’s sites and conveniently close to Regent’s Park www.kayandco.com/property-for-sale/apartment-for-sale-in-glentworth-street-marylebone-london-nw1/9674