This policy sets out the firm’s approach to data protection and information management, including how the firm manages confidential information and the precautions we take to keep information secure.
- Our employees are aware that any information provided by you is confidential to Kay & Co.
- Specifically we do not share this information or provide lists of our customers to any third party.
- You are not obliged to provide us with any information in order to view any part of our website. By providing personal data to Kay & Co, you consent to the processing of such data by Kay & Co, as described in this policy.
- If you wish to register to use our e-mail update and shortlist facilities, then your name and contact details must be provided. In doing so, you permit us to follow up your registration by telephone.
- When you request details of properties or other services to be sent to you we require your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
- In the event that you ask for your name to be added to our mailing list, we retain details of your property requirements on our database.
- In addition to supplying the details requested, we may from time to time provide you with other information regarding the services we offer.
- You may opt out or instruct us not to send you details of properties being offered either for sale or to let by contacting the relevant office.
- You may opt out or instruct us not to send you details of services we offer by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Kay & Co, 24-25 Albion Street, London W2 2AX.
- You may also instruct us to remove your details from our database entirely by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Kay & Co, 24-25 Albion Street, London W2 2AX.
- In the unlikely event that the business of Kay & Co is sold or merged with another business then your details may be disclosed to the new company.
We may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer when you look at our website.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. You can find out more about the way cookies work at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- facilitate your use of our sites;
- help us to provide you with the best level of service;
- monitor traffic.
You can erase or block cookies from your computer. To find out how to do this please see the “How to delete cookies” page on the www.allaboutcookies.org website or use your help screen or manual which should tell you how to do this. Please be aware that if you erase or block cookies or set your browser not to accept cookies then the majority of the website will be inaccessible to you.
Improving our service
If you have agreed that we can, staff from Kay & Co, or from our agents, may contact you from time to time by e-mail, text, SMS message or by telephone in order to get your views and comments on the services we provide to you.
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time Kay & Co may send you details of products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of your information to others
We will sell your personal information to a third party as part of any sale of the assets or business of Kay & Co.
In addition, from time to time, Kay & Co may share the information you supply to us with selected third parties to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you.
Kay & Co will share your information with its professional advisors, survey and research organisations and individuals and organisations that we employ to perform functions in certain situations on our behalf. Examples of these functions include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, providing marketing assistance in data analysis, handling credit card transactions, fulfilling orders, providing services, and following up on enquiries (including by phone, e-mail, text or SMS messages or, in writing). These agents have access to the personal information required in order to perform their functions.
Compliance with law
We will release your personal information where we are legally entitled to or obliged or required to do so by law (for example, if required to do so by a Court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime). We may also exchange information with third parties for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Keeping our records accurate
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, you may do so at any time by reference to the members web page where you can update or amend your information.
Public forums and chat rooms
Kay & Co’s web sites may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on line your information can be collected and used by others. Therefore, if you post personal information on-line that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages in return. We cannot control the actions of any 3rd parties.
Third Party Sites
We recognise industry standards and employ security safeguards to protect information from unauthorised access and misuse.